THE EMPLOYED TECHNOLOGIES
The technological solutions employed in the project are all developed respecting three fundamental pillars:
- Preservation: The analysis of the presence of the flows and the right lightening are two starting points to give ‘time’ to cultural heritage
- Promotion: The realization of technologically innovative instruments is the driver to put in contact the general public with cultural heritage.
- Protection: The protection of resources and environments is an essential element to preserve our patrimony at the best.
SITES PROTECTION DETECTORS
The application aims at:
- Defining the thermohygrometric parameters and their limit values for the preservation and the fruition of the demonstrators;
- Defining the diagnostic and permanent monitoring conditions of the physical environmental risks related to the thermohygrometric, lighting and inner air quality aspects for the preservation of the complex and the goods stored there, included those closely connected to the construction or its parts, such as the frescos;
- Diagnosing the causes of the humidity present in the walls of the lower and/or underground floors of the demonstrators and proposing a recovery.
The fruition of the virtual reconstructions is presented by multiplatform and multi-device cooperative activities, which give the opportunity of a collaborative experience to groups of users, inside the same rebuilt location, using a combination of immersive reality (3D viewers, like Oculus Rift), of 3D reality (with autostereoscopic displays) and of collaborative interaction through appropriate sensors (like Kinect).
This integrated system, supported by an adequate tool of immersion and participation to a challenge (quest and serious game), allows the group to collaborate in an intuitive and immediate way, without particular cognitive efforts, with the possibility to achieve, therefore, in a not evident way for the users, the pedagogical-educational objectives, established during the planning phase.
The knowledge atlas is an application that collects and makes available information about the entire cultural heritage (i.e. archaeological, monumental, architectural, landscape goods, fine arts) in a georeferentiated and integrated way to give surplus value to the users (e.g. determination of the archaeological risk of city or rural areas).
Some principal characteristics are:
- Information system related to the functions of an old city center;
- Archaeological map of the ancient towns and their later transformations;
- Analysis of the wall structures;
- Management of the cartographic, photographic and multidimensional scaling photogrammetric devices;
- Visual representation and interpretation of the Old City Centres;
- Creation of a Digital Library of manuscript and published sources, monographs and essays.
SMART APP FOR CULTURAL HERITAGE
The Contextual Smart App for Cultural Heritage, exploiting geolocation technologies by GPS, will permit tourists and visitors to receive information about the cultural points of interest (e.g. historical, archaeological, architectural news) of one or more predetermined itineraries throughout the Old city center of Salerno.
The App can scan QR codes to give information about specific places (particularly useful inside, where the GPS could not be available).
The first selected itinerary represents the entire historic stratification of the evolution of the city of Salerno, including, through the various eras, the archaeological, historical, artistic, geographical, architectural and political aspects, working for highlighting the unique overlapping that characterizes the urban fabric of ancient Salerno.
MODELING AND ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ANALYSIS: INNOVATIVE ENERGETIC SOLUTIONS
Modeling and numerical scenario analysis focused on the use of sustainable energy sources and alternative vehicles (electric, fuel cell) with the purpose of reducing the environmental impact of the system of this proposal. The action is addressed to the development of a system of electric mobility and a system of optimization of the energy flows using renewable sources.
ENERGY CONSUMPTIONS ANALYSIS AND ENERGY SAVING SOLUTIONS
The main purpose of this study is monitoring the energy consumptions (lighting, electric heat pumps, etc.) of the involved consumers, both to rationalize them and control the surplus due to eventual anomalies during the time, and to reduce them using innovative solutions too. In particular, we foresee the development of an App that allows, with a smart metering technology, an accurate analysis of the energy consumptions underlining contingent excessive requests on which intervening. Moreover, locating the GPS position of the building, necessary to define the solar potential of its exposure, the App permits to evaluate immediately the energy savings achievable by possible technical solutions, such as the photovoltaic systems, which use solar power.
SUSTAINABILITY, ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION AND ANCIENT CIVILIZATIONS
Study about the technological aspects related to the monitoring of the waters and wastewaters in ancient civilizations. Realization of multimedia presentations to show to the public how in the ancient civilizations the main environmental themes were treated and actualization of recycling in an old city center looking at sustainability and environmental education with particular reference to students and teachers of primary and secondary school.
PERFORMANCES SURVEY MODELS AND EVALUATION OF THE EFFICIENCY OF THE SYSTEM AND OF THE TECHNICAL-ECONOMIC KPI
The purpose of this activity is the creation of a DSS (Decision Support System) that, starting from technical and economic data recorded on the field, succeeds in offering a greater vision on the future management choices (restorations, maintenance, technological innovations, etc.), through a monitoring dashboard.
Lighting plays a fundamental role in cultural and architectural heritage valorization and indoor surfaces conservation. Luminous flux emitted by traditional lamps (incandescent or gas discharge lamp) is characterized by infrared or ultraviolet radiations. These factors could damage frescos and mosaics and, in specific thermohygrometric conditions, could facilitate the mildews’ and vegetables’ proliferation. For this reason study of light sources’ spectral power distribution is necessary, in order to minimize damages to the artworks and prevent growth of microorganisms.
- Defines the lighting parameters and their limit values;
- Studies and defines the spectral distributions produced by LED sources;
- Analyses and evaluates in the demonstrators the position of the sources and the spatial distributions of the luminous intensity;
- Evaluates the energy consumptions and the economic costs due to the lighting.
PRESENCES AND FLOWS ANALYSIS
Application for the elaboration of data coming from video monitoring devices, to use to characterize the moving flows of people in the area (applicable to the analysis of the static aspects related to the permanence in certain points), with immediate reports.
The application allows to count separately the crossing of the passage in both the directions of walk and to manage simultaneously even more than a passage using only one video camera.
The application uses self-adapting update algorithms of background, noise reduction, shadows, reflections removal and tracking of more objects simultaneously, for an accurate calculation, with hostile weather conditions too.
FIRE PREVENTION IN CLOSE SPACES
The purposes of fire prevention are referred to both buildings and people. The cases analyzed by CFD simulation of fire scenarios will affect structures that provide for fire prevention systems but also structures where these systems have to be projected.
These calculation codes permit to shape the phenomena of heat transfer and toxic and harmful substances dispersion, in presence of various fluid dynamic conditions determined by the type of fire, the architectural and structural characteristics of the analyzed area, the machinery and the prevention and protection measures implemented or to implement.